I am a clinical psychologist licensed in Québec (OPQ) with a private practice that focuses on women’s wellbeing and mental health.
Education & Training:
I completed my doctorate in Psychology at McGill University. Prior to undertaking doctoral studies, I completed an MBA in Finance and Accounting at McGill and worked for several years in commercial banking and public accounting. Therefore, I can truly say that I understand the concerns and pressures facing working women of all ages.
I have been working in the field of mental health since 2004. My experience includes providing cognitive-behavioral based integrative therapy to clients suffering from chronic pain, and from a variety of anxiety, depressive, and reproductive-related mood disorders, as well as body-image concerns, perfectionism, and parenting decisions. I also provided specialized cognitive therapy to clients with OCD, and dialectical behavior therapy to clients suffering from eating disorders, or who required support to help them adjust following bariatric surgery. My clinical experience also includes working at a neonatal follow-up clinic where I conducted psychological and psycho-educational assessments.
I have worked in various clinical settings in Montreal, including:
McGill University Health Centre:
• Allan Memorial Institute: Cognitive-Behavior Therapy Service;
• Allan Memorial Institute: Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Clinic;
• MUHC Reproductive Center
Jewish General Hospital:
• Chronic Pain Management Center;
• Neonatal Follow-up Clinic;
• Child Psychiatry: Day/Evening Hospital: Early Childhood Disorders Service;
• Child Psychiatry: Outpatient Department
My research has focused on women's mental health issues, specifically on the role of irritability, personality, and emotion-regulation on depressive symptoms in the menopausal transition.
- Canadian Psychological Association (CPA)
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- Ordre des Psychologues du Québec (OPQ)
- The North American Menopause Society (NAMS), and
- The American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM).
I am a licensed member of the OPQ.